Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Once Was Lost [but then an Italian shopkeeper found me and] Now I'm Found

Bonjourno!
Yesterday, Jill, Russ, and I went for a walk around Venice just to explore our nearby surroundings and stumbled upon this little thing!

We literally walked through a dark alley and it opened up to this view! Needless to say we were impressed. It's the Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute, or The Salute works just fine too. Today we went back with some Euros to take pictures and go inside

Unfortunately all the good art was in a room where we couldn't take pictures. If you can use your imagination there was a lot of Madonna with Baby since the church was dedicated to her. They also sold a lot of postcards and souvenirs in that room but every image was either of them just hugging, or the same exact image only they were wearing tons and tons of jewelery. It was like the before and after. Before was normal, after was getting blinged out at Jacob the Jeweler. I think I have to go back and buy both postcards just so you can see it.


These I just took in the surrounding areas...



This is from dinner last night. Proscuitto and melon. I probably don't need to tell you how good it was.

Tonight we cooked though! We made some store-bought/handmade pasta with meatsauce and fresh parmesan. The dinner was great, but seriously, just check out our view. THAT is probably the best part. Oh, and the vino.
And no night (or blogpost) could be complete without a little more gelato!!!! From left to right, Glenn went with blueberry & vanilla, I went hazelnut & white chocolate, Russ did mint & chocolate, and Jill had coffee & hazelnut. Oh, with the lagoon behind us! So much water in Venice, I love it.


Miss you all!!!! Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment