Saturday, July 4, 2009

bonjourno venezia!


So, we made it! The flights over were great, but none of us slept much. So that has made for a very very long first day!

Casa Artom is pretty spectacular, it's a lot bigger than any of expected and the views are phenomenal... pictures really can't do it justice

this is the house from across the canal
arriving!!


accademia bridge (with our house in the backround)
for those of you who don't know the crew, next to me is Jill, then Russ, and Glenn. I'm sure I'll be posting about them a lot so there's a visual for ya.

So obviously after unpacking, we immediately had to go to lunch (or, breakfast to us). This was the first place we saw and I thought it was adorable...


This right here is what I ended 3 years of vegetarianism for... Prosciutto Pizza.
And it was totally worth it.

After lunch we took a walk to St. Marks Square. I wish I knew what I was taking pictures of, but I'd be lying if I said I did. We were semi-delirious at this point after no sleep, and with a slight wine buzz we were just snapping pictures of everything that looked impressive.
We pretty much gave up at this point and decided to head back to the house for naps... but we did stop for some gelato first, of course.



And last but not least, we woke up and decided more wine and more food was in order. This was definitely the best gnocchi I've ever had. It was in this great bolognese sauce with bacon instead of ground meat. A-Mazing. There was a lil man who came by the restaurant playing the accordion playing the cheesiest, most cliche Italian music ever (i.e. that's amore, que sera sera) but it was still awesome and made me love Italy a tiny bit more.


Alright, so it's 11:30 pm Venice time, so I can finally get to bed for real and hopefully wake up with a normal sleep schedule! Tomorrow we are going to the market to stock up on some goodies for the kitchen, head over to Rialto, and I guess we have to do our assignment for our first day of class on Monday (class... weird)!

I obviously took a ton more pictures than I posted here, but posting pictures on blogger is a little more involved than I thought it'd be, so here's a link to Glenn's photobucket and the all the photos he took today: http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/spitlegm/Venice/


arrivederci!!

No comments:

Post a Comment